We offer layaway, spread payments on the piece of your dreams. Ask us for details.
Free insured shipping on all orders !!!
This antique pair of Victorian pendant earrings in 18K gold and silver is with its 48 rose cut diamonds an assembly of contemporary bling straight from the early 19th century. A drop of aligned silver-encrusted diamonds around a grand dangling one is joined to its diamond cluster surmount. Specifically the foil settings with the red gold rear reveal the allures of a luminous chandelier within the diamonds.
Antique jewelry object group: earrings long hanging
Condition: good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Although it does not carry any legible control marks we believe this to be of Belgian origin.
Style: Georgian - Georgian style is the name given in most English-speaking countries to the set of styles current between 1720 and 1840. It is eponymous for the first four British monarchs of the House of Hanover—George I of Great Britain, George II of Great Britain, George III of the United Kingdom, and George IV of the United Kingdom—who reigned in continuous succession from August 1714 to June 1830.
- See also: Georgian Victorian - Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
- See also: Victorian or more info on styles
Style specifics: Victorian - In 1837 Queen Victoria begins the longest reign in the history of Great Britain. For 64 years, from 1837 till 1901, she symbolizes the growth and triumph of the British Empire as Queen of Great Britain and Ireland and Empress of India. Proud, passionate about beautiful things, highly educated about all styles of time, she influences the lifestyles through her taste and immense love of jewelry.
Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era. (Last part freely rendered from: Wikipedia)
Period: ca. 1830
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: Silver on top and backed with 18K red gold (see explanation on silver on gold).
- (more info on precious metals)
Technique: The rose cuts are set on foil. This is a special technique that was used to bring the lustre of the diamonds to its best quality.
Diamonds: Four big and 44 smaller rose cut diamonds . We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: height 5,54 cm (2,18 inch)
Weight: 8,90 gram (5,72 dwt)
Reference Nº: 12087-0051
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?