Antique jewelry object group: brooch
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: France
Style: Vintage Fifties (of the twentieth century)
- See also: Fifties (of the twentieth century) or more info on styles
Style specifics: This type of jewelry is very specific for the fifties of the twentieth century. All sorts of animals were used as source of inspiration for the goldsmiths. Made in gold and decorated with enamel and precious stones, the result of their labour most of the times well-made, clever and cute.
Period: ca. 1950
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Source of inspiration: Mother Nature
Theme: Lion - The lion has been an icon for humanity for thousands of years, appearing in cultures across Europe, Asia, and Africa. Despite incidents of attacks on humans, lions have enjoyed a positive depiction in culture as strong and noble. A common depiction is their representation as "king of the jungle" or "king of beasts"; hence, the lion has been a popular symbol of royalty and stateliness, as well as a symbol of bravery; it is featured in several fables of the sixth century BC Greek storyteller Aesop. (from: Wikipedia)
Material: 18K yellow gold (crown is in 18K white gold)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): Five brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.15ct. (colour and clarity: F/H, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC-lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Precious stones: Two cabochon cut natural emeralds with an estimated weight of ± 0.16ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and emerald for May.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: The French control mark representing the head of Mercury that was in use in France from about 1879.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: height 5,05 cm (1,99 inch)
Weight: 28,00 gram (18,00 dwt)
Reference Nº: 19231-0272
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?