We offer layaway, spread payments on the piece of your dreams. Ask us for details. Free insured shipping on all orders !!!
Antique jewelry object group: ring
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: Belgium
Style: Art Jewelry - Art jewelry is created with a variety of materials, not just precious metals and gems, and forms a counterbalance to the use of "precious materials" in regular (fine) jewelry. Art jewelry should be compared to expressions of art in other media such as glass, wood, plastics and clay. (from: Wikipedia) or more info on styles
Style specifics: circa 1980's
Period: ca. 1980
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 18K yellow gold
- (more info on precious metals)
Extra information: Fernand Demaret - Fernand Demaret (Namur, Belgium 1924-2013), His grandfather was a watch maker and his father jeweler. His ambition was to resume the job of his grandfather watchmaker until one day in 1954 when he met Madame Liliane Nathalie Mosselmans. She asked her best friend André Lami to create contemporary jewellery which inspired Fernand Demaret to turn to his style. His first shop (1963) was first located rue du Bailli 10, Brussels and was moved in the 70's the prestigues Avenue Louise 31 in Brussels until its closure in 1992.
With his wife Liliane and many colleagues like Claude Wezelle, Bernard Francois, Jean Pierre Laloux and others created the jewels in the for him so specific style. After 1992 when the store closed, they continued in his showroom located rue Bosquet 31 a 1160 Brussels until his death in 2013. (From: www.bijoutierdemaret.be)
Diamond(s): Two brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.35ct. (colour and clarity: G/I, vs/si).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Precious stones: One natural emerald with an estimated weight of ± 1.20ct.
colour: vivid warm sparkling transparant green
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and emerald for May.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: "AU750" indicating 18K gold and the master mark of Demaret
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: top of ring 1,95 cm (0,77 inch) x 3,50 cm (1,38 inch)
Weight: 21,60 gram (13,89 dwt)
Ring size Continental: 50 & 16 , Size US 5¼ , Size UK: J½
Resizing: Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Reference Nº: 19231-0291
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewelry
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?