Antique jewelry object group: cufflinks
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: unknown
Style: Late-Victorian - Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration.
Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
- See also: late-Victorian or more info on styles
Period: ca. 1900
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Extra information: Pain de sucre cabochon - Pain de sucre is French for "sugarloaf". A type of cabochon that, in contrary to the normal cabochon, is polished in a way that the top of the stone is really sticking out in a (smooth) point. The naming of such polishing refers to a sugarloaf in its traditional form. Namely a tall gently-tapering cylinder with a conical top, in which refined sugar was exported from the Caribbean and eastern Brazil from the 17th to 19th centuries.
Diamond(s): 54 rose cut diamonds . We do not have the weight of the diamonds which is normal in our trade when it comes to rose cuts.
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting. Also we have all diamonds screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural!
Precious stones: Two so called pain du sucre (high domed cabochon) opals with an estimated weight of ± 10.00ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and opal for October.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 9,80 gram (6,30 dwt)
Adin Reference Nº: 20202-0041
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?