We offer layaway, spread payments on the piece of your dreams. Ask us for details. Free insured shipping on all orders !!!
Antique jewelry object group: engagement ring (or anniversary ring)
Condition: very good condition
- (more info on our condition scale)
Country of origin: unknown
Style: Victorian - Victorian decorative arts refers to the style of decorative arts during the Victorian era. The Victorian era is known for its eclectic revival and interpretation of historic styles and the introduction of cross-cultural influences from the middle east and Asia in furniture, fittings, and Interior decoration. Victorian design is widely viewed as having indulged in a regrettable excess of ornament. The Arts and Crafts movement, the aesthetic movement, Anglo-Japanese style, and Art Nouveau style have their beginnings in the late Victorian era.
- See also: Victorian or more info on styles
Style specifics: The Romantic Victorian Period - Experts divide the reign of Queen Victoria, also called The Victorian era (1837 - 1901) in to three periods of about twenty years each; The Romantic Victorian Period (1837 - 1860), The Grand Victorian Period (1860 - 1880), and the Late or Aesthetic Victorian Period (1880 - 1901).
We consider this to be of the Romantic Victorian Period. This period covers the coronation of Victoria as Queen of Great Britain and Ireland, and her marriage to King Albert and their love, their devotion to their marriage and to their country are the sources of inspiration for this period. The jewels of this period are made of intricate carvings, special techniques where the enamel is subtly worked. These techniques allowed to give the jewel a certain opulence with less precious metal needed. As precious metals were really rare at that time. Highly favored (semi-) precious stones in this period are amethyst, coral, garnets, seed pearls and turquoises. The connotation is obviously sentimental, symbolic and romantic with reminiscent Gotic and/or Renaissance patterns and an abundant use of motifs like anchors, birds, branches, crosses, hearts and snakes.
Period: ca. 1840
- (events & facts of this era, poetry of this era, fashion of this era)
Material: 18K yellow gold (touchstone tested)
- (more info on precious metals)
Diamond(s): 30 old brilliant cut diamonds with an estimated weight of ± 0.90ct. (colour and clarity: G/I, vvs/i).
- All diamond weights, color grades and clarity are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- All diamonds we offer are screened by the IJGC - lab (www.ijgc-worldwide.com ) for whether they are natural or synthetic, and all diamonds in this jewel are 100% guaranteed to be natural.
Precious stones: One vivid blue sapphire with an estimated weight of ± 1.00ct.
- All color stone weights are approximate since stones are not removed from their mounts to preserve the integrity of the setting.
- It is a very common practice to treat gemstones to intensify their clarity or colour. The item in question has not been tested in this regard.
Birthstones: Diamond is the birthstone (or month stone) for April and sapphire for September.
- (more info on birthstones)
Hallmarks: No trace.
- (more info on hallmarks)
Dimensions: top of ring 0,98 cm (0,39 inch) x 1,95 cm (0,77 inch) - See picture with a ruler in cm and inches
Weight: 3,80 gram (2,44 dwt)
Ring size Continental EU: 59 & 18¾ , Size USA: 8¾ , Size UK: R
Resizing: Free resizing (only for extreme resizing we have to charge).
- (more info on ring sizes)
Adin Reference Nº: 21097-0172
Copyright photography: Adin, fine antique jewellery
Jewelry with birthstones (or month stones) for:
January - February - March - April - May - June - July
August - September - October - November or December.
jewelry glossary - wall of fame - visit us in Antwerp - subscribe to our mailinglist.
What is antique jewelry? - What is estate jewelry? - What is vintage jewelry?